I love this!
So Ben calls me today and he’s been out doing some research for Suburban Wholefoods (Our New Healthy Cafe – Check it out our Instagram here!) and he’s been speaking to his Cousin Lucinda’s Fiancee about movies and he tell’s me about this thing them do called…I’ve got the Power.
Before I tell you what it means, I’m going to tell you one of the big things I get at nearly every Nutrition based seminar…….
“I’m not supported by my husband with my food”
“My family doesn’t want to eat healthily”
“My husband fills the house with junk and I can’t keep away from it”
So….my advice is and has always been this…
- Think of all the things in your life that you can’t control i.e. the weather, other people on the road driving….the list goes on! Food and nutrition isn’t one of them! You just need to own it and set strong goals that mean that there are no negotiables. Other words, you’re doing it for you!
- Secondly…you’re in an amazing position! You make the food, they just need to eat it! no other options, you be the leader, you organise the dinner, you make it happen! Soon enough they all come around! Ben did, your husband, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend and kids will too!
But…Ben shared with me another one! I mentioned it before and it’s Gold! It’s also one that you can manipulate to get what you want!
Hmmm…sneaky! Yes! Dishonest….Never!
So let me share with you “The Power”.
The Power means you and your partner take turns being in charge! What movie you watch, where you go on holiday, where you go out on Saturday night……even….what food you eat!
As long as they like what you’re doing, you keep the power! If you stuff up however you are doomed to watch an action movie, eat Junk food or be sitting there on Friday night watching the footy!
Understand where I’m going with this?
Here’s an example you can use to integrate healthy, tasty (Key Word) food/ nutrition into your Husbands life and make eating healthy EASY!
- Starts with you both agreeing on the notion of “The Power”, however just like everything, you go first!
- You then use your new found power to put dinner (Healthy Dinner) on the table!
- You pick the a healthy meal that you know that your husband will love e.g. Healthy Shepherds Pie….No Brainer!
- You serve it up, smile nicely, portion it up and put the leftovers in the fridge for the week!
- After dinner you smile, and lean across and ask politely….Did you enjoy dinner?
- Knowing you worked away on it, they are going to say yes! As soon as you hear this…BANG you keep the power!
- Healthy food for days!
Now you can’t drop some super boring healthy meal on the table, you do need to ease them in. All you need to do is follow the instructions above, use your feminine charm and inadvertently keep the power!
Let me know how it goes!
Love Belinda xoxox